In today's situation, many of us are afflicted with dissatisfaction. People are just not satisfied with what they have. "If only I had a bigger house....." "If only I could make more money...." And the list goes on.

Why couldn't we just be contented with what we have? We somehow feel the grass in the other pasture is greener or life somewhere over the next horizon is better?? We can be content if we ponder on the necessities of life. Do we really need all those things? We can still live without a big house, we can still live with just one car, we can still live without designer clothes, we can still live without branded shoes. We can be content if we appreciate or be grateful with what we have and not desiring on the things that we do not have.

In Philippians 4:11-13 "Not that I say this because of need, for I have learned, in whatever situation I find myself, to be self-sufficient. I know indeed how to live in humble circumstances; I know also how to live with abundance. In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in need. I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me."

0 Comments