The next time you feel like God cannot use you, just remember;
Noah was a drunk; Jacob was a liar; Leah was ugly; Abraham was too old; Isaac was a daydreamer; Joseph was abused; Gideon was afraid; Elijah was suicidal; Job was bankrupt; Jeremiah was a cry baby; The disciples fell asleep while praying; Peter denied his Master; Lazarus was dead..

Jesus calls ordinary, seemingly useless and unqualified men to become His disciples. Peter himself says it all when he tells Jesus: “ Depart from me Lord, for I am a sinful man.”
This statement captures the reality of someone who is called. Discipleship is not so much a matter of worthiness, but the willingness to be used by God for His mission.

REFLECTION: Lord, help me not to miss Your call and not to keep the people waiting. Amen
Rev 3:20 “ Look I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my call and open the door, I will come in to you and have supper with you.

0 Comments