Thank you for dropping by......please feel free to give your comments.

"LOGICAL THINKING BRINGS US NO REAL WISDOM OF THE EMPIRICAL WORLD, ALL KNOWLEDGE OF REALITY BEGINS AND ENDS WITH ONE'S OWN EXPERIENCE". (ALBERT EINSTEIN)

Monday, November 2, 2009

Call waiting

The next time you feel like God cannot use you, just remember;
Noah was a drunk; Jacob was a liar; Leah was ugly; Abraham was too old; Isaac was a daydreamer; Joseph was abused; Gideon was afraid; Elijah was suicidal; Job was bankrupt; Jeremiah was a cry baby; The disciples fell asleep while praying; Peter denied his Master; Lazarus was dead..

Jesus calls ordinary, seemingly useless and unqualified men to become His disciples. Peter himself says it all when he tells Jesus: “ Depart from me Lord, for I am a sinful man.”
This statement captures the reality of someone who is called. Discipleship is not so much a matter of worthiness, but the willingness to be used by God for His mission.

REFLECTION: Lord, help me not to miss Your call and not to keep the people waiting. Amen
Rev 3:20 “ Look I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my call and open the door, I will come in to you and have supper with you.

No comments: