Rhenee came to stay with us on the 27 June. He is one of our Couples for Christ brethren from Brunei who has agreed to be attached with our community here in KK for about a month. The purpose of his visit is for mission work. He is a good musician but it didn't take a long time for us to find out that he is a good cook too! On his first day, we took him out for dinner. The next day, for breakfast I tried to be as normal as possible, taking my green juice along with varieties of fruits. Jerome was not at all pleased. After a couple of hours or so, he brought Rhenee out for what they called 'real food'. Anyway, the next day Rhenee volunteered that he prepare dinner for us. He is really a good cook but the problem is that he likes meat very much.(oops!) Anyway, on the positive side, a meat dish that I normally cook would be tough and dry but Rhenee could cook meat that is tender and succulent moist! Yupp...Jerome is really enjoying himself! For me, I am fighting a losing battle. This week is going to be the 3rd week Rhenee been with us. I can't remember the time when we have meatless meal! Not that I'm complaining about him but it is me that I'm disappointed with. Don't you think that I should be the one influencing him to eat more vegetables and fruits in every meal?  :(
Anyway, I always believe that whether to eat or not to eat is a matter of personal choice and this got to do with one's own ability to control himself/herself.

2 Comments

Unknown said…
:-) nice sharing...i think i should start to change my menu already since my weight up another 1kg last week...uhuhu...
bro Rhenee, we will miss ur guitar sound & bro Jerome will miss ur cooking as well...ehehe
Anne L* said…
haha...they say eat what you enjoy, and Jerome used to say that he live to eat...that is why the food industry is booming! :)
i guess the best solution is to exercise. hemm...