I feel that today is one of my lucky day. Our celebrant this morning mass coadjutor archbishop John Wong announced that there is a couple in the church celebrating their 66th wedding anniversary. All eyes were on the beautiful old couple standing somewhere in the middle pew of the church. "Wow" I said in my heart. Such a lovely thing to witness this couple celebrating their 66 years of wedded bliss! I could see the amount of love and wisdom in this committed couple's face. My mind was quick to guess that the couple must be in their mid eighty. If Jerome and I were to celebrate our 66th wedding anniversary, he would be 95 and I, 92 years old! Would we still be alive at 90? What about our love for each other? Could it survive the test of time? Can we endure the pressures of job/finance, family/home, midlife/old age and pain/sickness? Only time can tell. In the meantime, I pray for strength and wisdom to withstand any possible storms in our marriage. I pray for more love, intimacy, trust, joy, good health, forgiveness and kindness. I also pray that I will always express my love for Jerome in every possible way through respecting him, appreciating him, encouraging him, serving him minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. Thank you Lord, for the gift of LOVE.

0 Comments